Diversity & Inclusion programs that don’t include Neurodiversity are already OBSOLETE
Christa Holmans, an autistic self-advocate from Texas, runs the the internationally recognized neurodiversity lifestyle blog Neurodivergent Rebel. They also manage Neurodivergent Consulting.
Christa’s career background is in recruiting, employee retention, marketing, and consulting.
The Neurodivergent Rebel opened their blog in 2016 as a way to introduce people unfamiliar with the concept of neurodiversity to this new way of seeing neurological difference. The blog, which is sometimes released in written format and sometimes as a YouTube video, explores the ideology of neurodiversity and the creative expressions of autistic people. Holmans’ blog pushes for acceptance of neurological difference and respect for the autonomy of neurodivergent people.
Neurodivergent Consulting is a consulting agency that works with businesses “to create new policies that work to attract and increase tenure of current and future neurodivergent employees”. The philosophy of Neurodivergent Consulting is to advocate for accessible workplaces where neurodivergent employees will be able to fully implement their unique talents and fresh perspectives. The agency analyzes the policies of interested workplaces for how they tap into, or hinder, the creative power of neurodivergent employees, including how accommodating these workspaces are to the sensory and predictability needs of autistic people.
Holmans is also known as the pioneer of the #askingautistics hashtag, which is most often accompanied by a short question about common autistic experiences such as self-stimulation, burnout, special interests, alternative communication, and accommodations needed for accessibility. These simple questions prompt open-ended responses that autistic people can easily chime in with, and invites participants to engage each other in conversations related to the topic. This simple hashtag connects neurodiverse people who would not otherwise have a reason to engage with each other, and fosters collective understanding of the autistic condition.
Christa currently lives in an RV with their best friend and four dogs, pursuing new interests wherever they can be found.
Biography written by Autistics United Fort McMurray – Cree, Dene, Dane-zaa, & Métis Territory Original posting from Facebook can be found HERE.
- Facilitation & Training
- Writing – Blogs & Articles
- Neurodiversity Consulting
- Speaking & Appearances
- Autism Related Branding & PR
Writing & Projects
- Neurodivergent Consulting
- Austin Alliance Group
- Geek Club Books
- ERE Media
- Not an Autism Mom – Neurodiversity in the Workplace, Autistic Burnout, Supporting Gender Diverse Youth & more!
- The Gender Expression One, Autisticly Aaron Chats with Christa Holmans (NeuroRebel)
- Honestly Autism Day – Video from Conference Workshop
- Bonus Q&A from Morning Session – Workshop Q&A Video
- SmartRecruiters – Webcast on Neurodiversity in the Workplace
- ASD Career Pathways
- Entrepreneur Excellence – Luminary Interview
- Spectrumly Speaking Holiday 2020 – Podcast
- The Ben & J Show – Webcast
- Whole Foods Austin – Panel Video
- The Anxious Truth – Video Podcast
- Yellow LadyBugs – Webcast
- 21 & Sensory – Podcast
- The Autism Podcast
- Sounds Like Autism – Podcast
- The Thoughty Autie – Podcast
- Not Weird Just Autistic – Podcast
- Aut-ish – Podcast
- Spectrumly Speaking – Podcast
- Sensory Matters – Podcast
- Autism at Work – Panel & BTS Video
- Neurodiversity News